I don’t know about you, but I *love* to snack.
When I first started my 80% paleo journey, one of the hardest things for me was finding snacks I could munch on.
Well, luckily you don’t have to worry about that. 😉 I present to you… 100+ paleo-approved snack ideas:
1. Kale chips (To make, wash some kale, pat it until completely dry, then put some olive oil, sea salt, and your desired spices. Place every piece of kale flat on a baking sheet (or 2) and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until your desired level of crispness.)
2. Nuts. I love pre-portioned almonds.
3. Hard boiled eggs
4. Lara bars
5. Carrot sticks
6. Celery sticks (especially with some almond butter packed nearby)
7. Fruit – cherries, strawberries, etc.
8. Cherry tomatoes
9. Baked apple cinnamon chips. (Just slice apples, sprinkle cinnamon over them, and bake them at 200 degrees for 1-2 hours, flipping after an hour.)
10. Zucchini chips (To make, slice zucchini, add salt, then bake then at 225 degrees until your desired crispness.)
11. Bacon jerky
12. Can of tuna fish
13. Slices of deli meat
14. Cucumber slices and paleo hummus
15. Guacamole with veggies
16. Cucumber “sandwiches” with meat or nut butter inside cucumber slices
17. Trail mix (Mix your favorite nuts, dried fruit, and coconut shavings.)
18. Sweet potato fries
19. Frozen bananas (my favorite is to freeze bananas, then mix them in a blender with strawberries or peanut butter on a hot day)
20. Chicken drumsticks or wings – Just coat them in paleo BBQ sauce and bake at 350 for about an hour.
21. A fresh smoothie
23. Salsa and veggies
24. Plaintain chips (To make these, slice plantains thin, then brush with coconut oil and sea salt, then bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.)
25. Grass-fed hot dogs. (I love making these with mustard and toasted pine nuts. The flavors come together and taste amazing!)
26. Salami. I love the Applegate kind!
27. Avocado. I love cutting an avocado in half and putting some sea salt on the inside. Yum.
28. Sushi wrapped in nori roll versus rice
29. Cauliflower “popcorn” (To make, cut up cauliflower, mix with olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 425 for about an hour. Sometimes I add in garlic.)
30. Paleo banana bread.
31. Sweet potato chips. (To make, slice sweet potato thin, mix with olive oil, sea salt and pepper, and bake at 350 for about an hour or until your desired crispness.)
33. Dark chocolate
34. Roasted chestnuts
35. Make a lettuce wrap with some kind of meat or tuna inside
36. Pork rinds
37. Bacon and guacamole sandwich. Amazing.
39. Shrimp cocktail
40. Brussels sprouts. (To make, cut them up into smaller slices, then mix with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper, and pop ’em in the oven at 350 for about an hour or your desired crispness. I love over-crisping them.)
41. Grilled peaches. (To make, cut peaches in half, coat one side each in coconut oil or ghee, then grill on medium high for 4 minutes per side.)
42. Dates stuffed with almond (or peanut) butter.
43. Apple pie crackers.
44. Beet chips. (To make, just slice beet up *very* thin, add olive oil, sea salt, and pepper (along with whatever other spices you want), and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or desired crispness.)
45. Eggplant jerky
47. An apple with almond butter.
48. Banana with almond butter.
49. Put smoked salmon on top of lettuce leaves and add a little dill.
50. Jicama sticks.
52. Stuffed figs. Cut up dried figs and stuff with toasted hazelnuts.
53. Paleo granola
54. Fruit salad
55. Sweet potato with coconut oil and some sea salt
56. Banana ice cream
Ohhhh yeah! Nom nom nom! Enjoy! 🙂