Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 16 ounces of chicken thighs
- ½ cup of mushrooms
- 1 cup of cooked lentils
- 1 red onion
- ½ broccoli head
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 rosemary spring
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 ounces of cashews
- 1 tbsp. of ghee
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a skillet with the ghee at medium high heat.
- Slice the onion.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Add onion, garlics and mushrooms to the preheated skillet.
- Chop the celery.
- Add the rosemary, celery, cashews, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Extract the juice from the lemon.
- Put the chicken thighs into a large bowl and add the lemon juice and salt to taste and toss to coat well.
- Put the chicken thighs with the lemon juice into the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Meanwhile, bring the 2 cups of water with a pinch of salt to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and let boil for 2 more minutes.
- Add mushrooms mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Serve chicken with broccoli and lentils.